Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with clients in a number of situations involving insurance coverage and liability issues. The attorneys of the insurance coverage team offer multi-faceted services in insurance coverage issues ranging from the simple to the complex. Our attorneys have successfully defended policyholders in lawsuits against their insurance companies where insurance coverage was rejected in both first or third party claims.
- First party claims entail a suit directly against an insurance company for refusing to pay benefits.
- Third party claims manifest when an insurance provider fails to defend a suit brought against its policy holder or fails to pay an insurance claim, on behalf of its policy holder, asserted against the policy holder.
Additionally, our San Fernando Insurance Coverage Attorneys frequently:
- Handle court cases involving commercial liability, directors and officers, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other similar insurance coverage
- Monitor the defense of personal injury measures where an insured requires the help of counsel to coordinate the defense of their case with counsel offered by an insurance provider under its standard defense obligation
- Offer guidance determining the appropriate kinds and levels of coverage to maintain to be able to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
- Coordinate with individuals in the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend measures brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including individuals accused of insurance fraud in both civil and criminal measures
- Evaluate and interpret insurance policies
Insurance policies are usually difficult to understand even for sophisticated and experienced business people. The San Fernando Insurance Coverage Attorneys at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and provide benefits and protection for the insured. We bring value by making sure you thoroughly understand the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.