Call the law offices of Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP, to speak directly with a Encino wage and hour claims lawyer. Your initial consultation is free and in most cases we will manage your case on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay absolutely no attorney fees until we achieve a successful verdict or settlement for you.
Our Encino wage & hour claim attorneys are knowledgeable and tenacious advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Encino controversies.
- Are you a sales rep who was refused your full compensation or terminated to avoid paying your commission?
- Are you an worker who travels between project sites who has not been paid for travel time during your employment?
- Are you an worker who is regularly denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work past your shift?
We can help. Our Encino wage & hour claim lawyers are knowledgeable and aggressive advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Encino disputes.
- Has your employer wrongly withheld commissions that should have been yours, per your employment agreement?
- Were you required to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you unlawfully fired in order for your employer to not have to pay you a commission?
- Were you informed you had to work overtime but not compensated for it?
- Were you instructed to report for work at a specific time but then not compensated for time you had to wait to begin work?
There are many ways that employers can deceive employees out of their hourly wages, oftentimes without the employee even knowing they are being cheated. Whether it’s the occasional request to stay an additional hour that then becomes a frequent pattern – consistently without pay – or the “press of business” that means you can’t have your lunch break, failing to pay workers for time worked is illegal.
Encino wage and hour violations usually affect a whole class of workers, not just one employee. Immigrant workers are most susceptible but many hourly workers are not well informed about how California and federal employment laws help them.
If you’re an hourly worker, you ARE protected against illegal and irrational employer demands that you work overtime or skip breaks. However, you may need legal help to ensure your rights are protected and to help you get the wages you are entitled.
One of the biggest concerns in the area of wage and hour claims is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to bypass wage and hour laws. Salaried workers whose job duties are generally routine may have been misclassified. Learn more about misclassification to find out if this has happened to you.