Kenneth A. Peterson is a highly successful trial and appellate court lawyer with over 30 years of experience. His practice is focused on product liability matters, high exposure personal injury defense, insurance coverage, and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Peterson has also handled wage/hour disputes, wrongful termination matters, and executive compensation disputes. His clients include several Fortune 500 companies. He also has represented several railroads in a variety of litigation matters. Over the course of his career, Mr. Peterson has obtained favorable verdicts in numerous high exposure jury trials throughout the United States.
Product Liability and Other Personal Injury Litigation
Mr. Peterson has represented manufacturers and distributors of automobiles, printing presses, punch presses, lighters, power turbines, high voltage electrical equipment, concrete pumps, agricultural equipment, industrial baking equipment, locomotives, air compressors, and smoke alarms. He also has defended chemical companies against personal injury claims. Mr. Peterson has extensive experience in handling cases involving catastrophic injuries (burn injuries, brain damage, wrongful death, spinal cord injuries, and post-traumatic stress disorder). He has served as national product liability counsel for several companies.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Mr. Peterson has managed teams of lawyers involved in complex commercial litigation, including cases involving trade secrets, the Lanham Act, unfair competition, insurance coverage for mass tort claims, asbestos, and bad faith insurance claims. He has also represented hospitals seeking reimbursement from insurance carriers.
Mr. Peterson has served as lead trial counsel in numerous jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations in the areas of product liability, personal injury, insurance coverage, FELA, mortgage foreclosure, and contract disputes.
- Illinois State Bar
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Northwestern University, B.S. 1978
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. 1982
- Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Ventura County Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC)
- Littleton Joyce Ughetta Park & Kelly LLP, 2010-2016
Managing Partner, Los Angeles Office
- McGuire Woods LLP, Los Angeles, 2006-2008
- Van Etten Suzumoto & Becket LLP, 2000-2006
- Freeborn & Peters (Chicago), 1990-2000
- Lectures before the NARTC and Chicago Claims Conference on Attorney/Client Privilege issues
- Teacher at Roosevelt University’s Post-Graduate Program for Legal Assistants
- Volunteer for High School Mock Trial Programs in Illinois and California
- Volunteer Mediator for the Los Angeles County Superior Court