Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP represents clients in a wide range of situations involving insurance coverage and liability matters. The attorneys of the insurance coverage group provide multi-faceted solutions in insurance matters ranging from the basic to the complex. Our lawyers have successfully defended policyholders in lawsuits against their insurance providers where coverage was denied in both first or third party claims.
- First party claims involve a suit directly in opposition to an insurance provider for declining to pay benefits.
- Third party claims develop when an insurance company neglects to defend a lawsuit filed against its policy holder or fails to pay an insurance claim, on behalf of its insured, asserted against the insured.
Additionally, our Calabasas Insurance Coverage Lawyers frequently:
- Take on court cases involving commercial liability, administrators and representatives, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other similar insurance coverage
- Supervise the defense of personal injury actions where an policy holder requires the help of counsel to coordinate the defense of their case with counsel provided by an insurance company under its standard defense obligation
- Provide guidance identifying the appropriate types and degrees of coverage to maintain to be able to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
- Collaborate with individuals in the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend measures brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including individuals charged with insurance fraud in both civil and criminal measures
- Analyze and interpret insurance policies
Insurance policies are often difficult to understand even for sophisticated and knowledgeable business people. The Calabasas Insurance Coverage Attorneys at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and offer benefits and protection to the insured. We bring value by ensuring that you thoroughly understand the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.