Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with clients in a number of matters relating to insurance coverage and liability matters. The lawyers of the insurance coverage group offer multi-faceted services in insurance coverage issues ranging from the basic to the complex. Our lawyers have successfully defended policyholders in lawsuits against their insurance companies where coverage has been refused in both first or third party claims.
- First party claims entail a suit directly against an insurance provider for declining to pay benefits.
- Third party claims arise when an insurance company neglects to defend a lawsuit filed against its insured or fails to pay a claim, on behalf of its insured, asserted against the insured.
At the same time, our Encino Insurance Coverage Lawyers regularly:
- Take on cases involving commercial liability, directors and officers, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other similar insurance coverage
- Supervise the defense of personal injury actions where an policy holder requires the assistance of counsel to organize the defense of their claim with counsel provided by an insurance provider under its ordinary defense obligation
- Offer assistance identifying the appropriate kinds and levels of coverage to maintain in order to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
- Collaborate with members of the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend measures brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including persons charged with insurance fraud in both civil and criminal measures
- Evaluate and translate insurance policies
Insurance policies are often difficult to understand even for sophisticated and experienced business people. The Encino Insurance Coverage Lawyers at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and offer benefits and defense to the insured. Our firm brings value by making sure you thoroughly understand the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.