Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP represents clients in a number of matters relating to insurance coverage and liability issues. The lawyers of the insurance coverage group provide multi-faceted solutions in insurance issues from the basic to the complex. Our attorneys have successfully defended policyholders in claims against their insurance companies where insurance coverage has been refused in both first party or third party claims.
- First party claims entail a suit directly in opposition to an insurance provider for declining to pay rewards.
- Third party claims develop when an insurance provider neglects to defend a suit filed against its insured or fails to pay an insurance claim, on behalf of its policy holder, declared against the policy holder.
At the same time, our Los Angeles Insurance Coverage Attorneys regularly:
- Manage cases relating to commercial liability, directors and officers, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other related insurance coverage
- Monitor the defense of personal injury measures where an policy holder requires the help of an attorney to organize the defense of their claim with counsel offered by an insurance provider under its ordinary defense obligation
- Provide assistance identifying the appropriate kinds and degrees of coverage to maintain to be able to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
- Collaborate with members of the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend measures brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including persons charged with insurance fraud in both civil and criminal measures
- Evaluate and translate insurance policies
Insurance policies are usually hard to understand even for sophisticated and knowledgeable business people. The Los Angeles Insurance Coverage Lawyers at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and offer benefits and protection for the policy holder. Our firm brings value by ensuring you thoroughly understand the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.