Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP represents clients in a number of affairs involving insurance coverage and liability matters. The attorneys of the insurance coverage team offer multi-faceted services in insurance policy matters from the basic to the complex. Our lawyers have successfully represented policyholders in lawsuits against their insurance companies where insurance coverage has been refused in both first party or third party claims.
- First party claims involve a case directly in opposition to an insurance provider for refusing to pay benefits.
- Third party claims arise when an insurance provider fails to defend a lawsuit brought against its insured or neglects to pay a claim, on behalf of its policy holder, declared against the policy holder.
Additionally, our Ojai Insurance Coverage Lawyers regularly:
- Manage cases involving commercial liability, administrators and representatives, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other related insurance coverage
- Monitor the defense of personal injury actions where an insured requires the help of an attorney to organize the defense of their claim with counsel offered by an insurance provider under its standard defense obligation
- Provide assistance determining the suitable types and degrees of coverage to maintain in order to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
- Coordinate with individuals in the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend actions brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including individuals accused of insurance fraud in both civil and criminal measures
- Analyze and translate insurance policies
Insurance policies are often difficult to understand even for sophisticated and knowledgeable business people. The Ojai Insurance Coverage Lawyers at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and provide benefits and defense to the insured. Our firm brings value by ensuring that you thoroughly comprehend the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.