Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP represents clients in a number of matters involving insurance coverage and liability matters. The lawyers of the insurance coverage group provide multi-faceted solutions in insurance coverage issues ranging from the simple to the complex. Our attorneys have successfully defended policyholders in lawsuits against their insurance providers where coverage was rejected in both first or third party claims.
- First party claims entail a suit directly against an insurance company for refusing to pay benefits.
- Third party claims arise when an insurance company neglects to defend a suit brought against its policy holder or neglects to pay a claim, on behalf of its policy holder, asserted against the insured.
Additionally, our Port Hueneme Insurance Coverage Lawyers frequently:
- Take on cases relating to commercial liability, directors and representatives, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other related insurance coverage
- Supervise the defense of personal injury actions where an policy holder requires the assistance of a lawyer to coordinate the defense of their claim with counsel offered by an insurance provider under its standard defense obligation
- Provide guidance identifying the suitable kinds and degrees of coverage to maintain in order to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
- Collaborate with members of the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend measures brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including individuals charged with insurance fraud in both civil and criminal measures
- Evaluate and translate insurance policies
Insurance policies are often hard to understand even for sophisticated and knowledgeable business people. The Port Hueneme Insurance Coverage Lawyers at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and offer benefits and protection for the insured. We bring value by ensuring that you thoroughly understand the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.