Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP represents clients in a number of matters relating to insurance coverage and liability issues. The attorneys of the insurance coverage team offer multi-faceted solutions in insurance matters from the basic to the complex. Our attorneys have successfully defended policyholders in claims against their insurance companies where coverage was rejected in both first party or third party claims.
- First party claims involve a suit directly in opposition to an insurance provider for refusing to pay rewards.
- Third party claims manifest when an insurance provider fails to defend a lawsuit brought against its policy holder or fails to pay an insurance claim, on behalf of its insured, asserted against the insured.
At the same time, our Santa Monica Insurance Coverage Lawyers regularly:
- Take on court cases relating to commercial liability, administrators and officers, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other related insurance coverage
- Supervise the defense of personal injury measures where an insured requires the help of counsel to coordinate the defense of their case with counsel provided by an insurance provider under its standard defense obligation
- Offer assistance identifying the appropriate types and levels of coverage to maintain in order to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
- Collaborate with individuals in the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend measures brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including individuals accused of insurance fraud in both civil and criminal measures
- Analyze and interpret insurance policies
Insurance policies are usually hard to understand even for sophisticated and knowledgeable business people. The Santa Monica Insurance Coverage Lawyers at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and provide benefits and defense to the insured. Our firm brings value by ensuring that you thoroughly comprehend the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.