Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP represents clients in a number of matters relating to insurance coverage and liability matters. The lawyers of the insurance coverage group offer multi-faceted services in insurance issues ranging from the basic to the complex. Our lawyers have successfully defended policyholders in lawsuits against their insurance companies where coverage was denied in both first or third party claims.
- First party claims entail a suit directly in opposition to an insurance company for declining to pay benefits.
- Third party claims develop when an insurance company fails to defend a lawsuit brought against its policy holder or neglects to pay a claim, on behalf of its insured, declared against the insured.
At the same time, our Sherman Oaks Insurance Coverage Lawyers regularly:
- Take on cases involving commercial liability, administrators and representatives, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other related insurance coverage
- Supervise the defense of personal injury actions where an insured requires the help of counsel to coordinate the defense of their claim with counsel offered by an insurance company under its ordinary defense obligation
- Offer guidance identifying the suitable kinds and levels of coverage to maintain to be able to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
- Coordinate with individuals in the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend actions brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including persons accused of insurance fraud in both civil and criminal actions
- Analyze and interpret insurance policies
Insurance policies are often hard to understand even for sophisticated and knowledgeable business people. The Sherman Oaks Insurance Coverage Lawyers at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and provide benefits and protection to the insured. We bring value by ensuring you thoroughly comprehend the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.