Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP represents clients in a number of situations involving insurance coverage and liability issues. The lawyers of the insurance coverage team provide multi-faceted services in insurance policy issues ranging from the simple to the complex. Our attorneys have successfully defended policyholders in claims against their insurance companies where coverage has been refused in both first or third party claims.
• First party claims entail a case directly against an insurance provider for declining to pay benefits.
• Third party claims develop when an insurance provider fails to defend a lawsuit brought against its insured or neglects to pay a claim, on behalf of its insured, declared against the insured.
Additionally, our Thousand Oaks Insurance Coverage Lawyers frequently:
• Handle court cases involving commercial liability, administrators and representatives, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other similar insurance coverage
• Supervise the defense of personal injury measures where an insured requires the help of counsel to organize the defense of their case with counsel offered by an insurance company under its standard defense obligation
• Offer assistance determining the appropriate kinds and degrees of coverage to maintain to be able to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
• Collaborate with individuals in the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend actions brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including persons charged with insurance fraud in both civil and criminal actions
• Analyze and interpret insurance policies
Insurance policies are usually difficult to understand even for sophisticated and experienced business people. The Thousand Oaks Insurance Coverage Attorneys at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and provide benefits and protection for the policy holder. Our firm brings value by ensuring that you thoroughly understand the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.