Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with clients in a wide range of matters involving insurance coverage and liability issues. The attorneys of the insurance coverage group provide multi-faceted services in insurance policy issues from the simple to the complex. Our attorneys have successfully defended policyholders in claims against their insurance providers where insurance coverage was rejected in both first or third party claims.
• First party claims involve a suit directly against an insurance company for refusing to pay benefits.
• Third party claims manifest when an insurance company fails to defend a suit filed against its policy holder or fails to pay an insurance claim, on behalf of its insured, declared against the policy holder.
Additionally, our Universal City Insurance Coverage Attorneys frequently:
• Handle court cases involving commercial liability, administrators and representatives, errors and omissions, life, disability, fire and other related insurance coverage
• Keep track of the defense of personal injury actions where an insured requires the assistance of an attorney to organize the defense of their case with counsel offered by an insurance provider under its ordinary defense obligation
• Provide guidance determining the suitable kinds and levels of coverage to maintain to be able to properly insure against commonly encountered risks
• Collaborate with individuals in the firm’s Corporate Investigations and White Collar Group to defend measures brought by the Department of Banking and Insurance against licensees, including individuals accused of insurance fraud in both civil and criminal measures
• Analyze and interpret insurance policies
Insurance policies are usually hard to understand even for sophisticated and knowledgeable business people. The Universal City Insurance Coverage Attorneys at Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP work with its clients to level the playing field and offer benefits and protection for the insured. We bring value by making sure you thoroughly understand the coverage you are entitled to and for which you have paid.