Contact the law offices of Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP, to dicuss directly with a Beverly Hills wage and hour claims attorney. Your first consultation is free of charge and in most instances we’ll manage your case on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay zero attorney fees until we achieve a beneficial verdict or settlement for you.
Our Beverly Hills wage & hour claim attorneys are experienced and tenacious advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Beverly Hills controversies.
- Are you a salesperson who had been refused your full compensation or fired in order to avoid paying your commission?
- Are you an employee who travels between job sites that has not been compensated for travel expenses during your employment?
- Are you an employee who is frequently denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work past your shift?
We can help. Our Beverly Hills wage & hour claim attorneys are knowledgeable and tireless advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Beverly Hills controversies.
- Has your employer wrongly withheld earnings that should have been provided to you, per your employment agreement?
- Were you required to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you wrongfully fired in order for your employer to avoid paying you a commission?
- Were you told you had to work overtime but not paid overtime?
- Were you instructed to report for work at a certain time but then not paid for time you had to wait to start work?
There are many ways that businesses can cheat employees out of their hourly wages, often without the employee even realizing they are being deceived. Be it the occasional request to stay an additional hour that eventually becomes a frequent pattern – consistently without compensation – or the “press of business” that means you can’t take your lunch break, neglecting to compensate workers for time worked is against the law.
Beverly Hills wage and hour violations often affect a whole class of employees, not just one employee. Immigrant workers are most vulnerable but most hourly workers are not kept informed about how California and federal employment laws cover them.
If you are an hourly worker, you ARE protected from illegal and irrational employer demands that you work overtime or skip breaks. However, you might need legal advice to ensure your rights are protected and to help you get the wages you are entitled.
One of the biggest issues regarding wage and hour lawsuits is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to avoid wage and hour laws. Salaried employees whose responsibilities are generally routine may have been misclassified. Find out more about misclassification to see if this has happened to you.