Get in touch with the law offices of Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP, to speak directly with a Malibu wage and hour claims attorney. Your initial consultation is free of charge and in most cases we will take on your claim on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay zero attorney fees until we obtain a successful verdict or settlement for you.
Our Malibu wage & hour claim attorneys are experienced and tireless advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Malibu controversies.
- Are you a salesperson who had been refused your full commission or fired to avoid paying your commission?
- Are you a worker who travels between job sites who has not been paid for travel expenses during your employment?
- Are you a worker who’s frequently denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work beyond your shift?
We can help. Our Malibu wage & hour claim attorneys are skilled and tenacious advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Malibu controversies.
- Has your employer wrongly withheld commissions that should have been yours, per your employment agreement?
- Were you required to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you unlawfully fired in order for your employer to avoid paying you a commission?
- Were you informed you had to work overtime but not paid overtime?
- Were you told to report for work at a certain time but then not compensated for time you had to wait to begin work?
There are a number of ways that companies can cheat employees out of their hourly wages, oftentimes without the employee even realizing they are being deceived. Be it the occasional request to stay an extra hour that eventually becomes a regular pattern – consistently without pay – or the “press of business” that means you can’t take your lunch break, failing to pay workers for time worked is against the law.
Malibu wage and hour violations often affect an entire class of employees, not just one employee. Immigrant workers are most vulnerable but many hourly workers are not well informed about how California and federal employment laws protect them.
If you’re an hourly employee, you ARE protected against unlawful and irrational employer demands that you work overtime or skip breaks. However, you may need legal help to be sure your rights are protected and to help you get the wages you deserve.
The most significant problems in the area of wage and hour lawsuits is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to bypass wage and hour laws. Salaried employees whose work responsibilities are typically routine may have been misclassified. Learn more about misclassification to see if this has happened to you.