Get in touch with the law offices of Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP, to dicuss directly with an Ojai wage and hour claims lawyer. Your preliminary consultation is free of charge and in most instances we will manage your case on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay zero attorney fees until we achieve a beneficial verdict or settlement for you.
Our Ojai wage & hour claim attorneys are experienced and aggressive advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Ojai controversies.
- Are you a sales rep who had been denied your full commission or terminated in order to avoid paying your commission?
- Are you an employee who travels between job sites who has not been compensated for travel time during your employment?
- Are you an employee who is frequently denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work past your shift?
We can help. Our Ojai wage & hour claim lawyers are knowledgeable and tenacious advocates for employees’ rights in wage and overtime in Ojai controversies.
- Has your employer wrongly withheld earnings that should have been provided to you, per your employment agreement?
- Were you forced to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you wrongfully terminated in order for your employer to not have to pay you a commission?
- Were you told you had to work overtime but not compensated for it?
- Were you told to report for work at a certain time but then not paid for time you had to wait to begin work?
There are many ways that employers can cheat employees out of their rightful wages, oftentimes without the employee even knowing they are being cheated. Whether it’s the occasional request to stay an extra hour that then becomes a regular pattern – consistently without pay – or the “press of business” that means you can’t have your lunch break, neglecting to pay workers for time worked is against the law.
Ojai wage and hour violations often affect a whole class of employees, not just one worker. Immigrant workers are most susceptible but most hourly workers are not kept informed about how California and federal employment laws cover them.
If you are an hourly worker, you ARE protected from illegal and unreasonable employer requirements that you work overtime or skip breaks. However, you might need legal advice to ensure your rights are defended and to help you get the wages you deserve.
The most significant problems in the area of wage and hour lawsuits is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to evade wage and hour laws. Salaried workers whose responsibilities are generally routine may have been misclassified. Find out more about misclassification to see if this has happened to you.