Contact the law offices of Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP, to speak directly with a Sherman Oaks wage and hour claims lawyer. Your preliminary consultation is free of charge and in most instances we’ll handle your claim on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay absolutely no attorney fees until we obtain a successful verdict or settlement for you.
Our Sherman Oaks wage & hour claim attorneys are experienced and tireless advocates for employees’ rights in wage and overtime in Sherman Oaks disputes.
- Are you a salesperson who was denied your full commission or terminated in order to avoid paying your commission?
- Are you a worker who travels between job sites who has not been paid for travel time during your employment?
- Are you an employee who’s frequently denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work beyond your shift?
We can help. Our Sherman Oaks wage & hour claim attorneys are skilled and aggressive advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Sherman Oaks controversies.
- Has your employer wrongly withheld commissions that should have been yours, per your employment agreement?
- Were you forced to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you wrongfully terminated in order for your employer to not have to pay you a commission?
- Were you told you had to work overtime but not paid overtime?
- Were you instructed to report for work at a certain time but then not compensated for time you had to wait to start work?
There are a number of ways that companies can deceive employees out of their rightful wages, often without the employee even knowing they are being cheated. Be it the occasional request to stay an extra hour that then becomes a frequent pattern – consistently without pay – or the “press of business” that means you can’t have your lunch break, neglecting to compensate workers for time worked is illegal.
Sherman Oaks wage and hour violations usually affect a whole class of workers, not just one employee. Immigrant workers are most susceptible but many hourly workers are not kept informed about how California and federal employment laws help them.
If you are an hourly employee, you ARE protected from illegal and unreasonable employer demands that you work overtime or work through your breaks. However, you may need legal advice to be sure your rights are protected and to help you get the wages you are entitled.
The most significant concerns in the area of wage and hour lawsuits is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to evade wage and hour laws. Salaried workers whose work responsibilities are generally routine may have been misclassified. Learn more about misclassification to find out if this has happened to you.