Call the law offices of Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP, to speak directly with a Van Nuys wage and hour claims legal professional. Your preliminary consultation is free and in most cases we will manage your claim on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay no attorney fees until we achieve a beneficial verdict or settlement for you.
Our Van Nuys wage & hour claim attorneys are experienced and tireless advocates for employees’ rights in wage and overtime in Van Nuys controversies.
- Are you a sales rep who was denied your full commission or fired in order to avoid paying your commission?
- Are you a worker who travels between project sites who has not been paid for travel expenses during your employment?
- Are you an employee who is regularly denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work beyond your shift?
We can help. Our Van Nuys wage & hour claim attorneys are experienced and aggressive advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Van Nuys controversies.
- Has your employer wrongly withheld commissions that should have been yours, per your employment agreement?
- Were you forced to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you unlawfully terminated in order for your employer to not have to pay you a commission?
- Were you informed you had to work overtime but not compensated for it?
- Were you told to report for work at a certain time but then not paid for time you had to wait to begin work?
There are many ways that businesses can deceive employees out of their rightful wages, oftentimes without the worker even realizing they are being deceived. Whether it’s the occasional request to stay an additional hour that eventually becomes a frequent pattern – always without compensation – or the “press of business” that means you can’t take your lunch break, neglecting to compensate employees for time worked is against the law.
Van Nuys wage and hour offenses often affect an entire class of workers, not just one worker. Immigrant workers are most vulnerable but most hourly workers are not kept informed about how California and federal employment laws cover them.
If you are an hourly worker, you ARE protected against illegal and unreasonable employer demands that you work overtime or skip breaks. But you might need legal help to be sure your rights are protected and to help you get the wages you deserve.
The most significant issues in the area of wage and hour lawsuits is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to bypass wage and hour laws. Salaried workers whose job duties are generally routine may have been misclassified. Find out more about misclassification to find out if this has happened to you.