Contact the law offices of Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP, to dicuss directly with a West Los Angeles wage and hour claims lawyer. Your first consultation is free and in most cases we will manage your claim on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay absolutely no attorney fees until we obtain a beneficial verdict or settlement for you.
Our West Los Angeles wage & hour claim lawyers are experienced and tireless advocates for employees’ rights in wage and overtime in West Los Angeles controversies.
- Are you a sales rep who had been refused your full compensation or fired in order to avoid paying your commission?
- Are you a worker who travels between job sites that has not been compensated for travel time during your employment?
- Are you an employee who is often denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work past your shift?
We can help. Our West Los Angeles wage & hour claim attorneys are experienced and aggressive advocates for employees’ rights in wage and overtime in West Los Angeles controversies.
- Has your employer wrongly withheld commissions that should have been provided to you, per your employment agreement?
- Were you forced to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you wrongfully terminated in order for your employer to not have to pay you a commission?
- Were you informed you had to work overtime but not compensated for it?
- Were you instructed to report for work at a certain time but then not compensated for time you had to wait to start work?
There are many ways that companies can cheat employees out of their hourly wages, oftentimes without the employee even knowing they’re being deceived. Be it the occasional request to stay an extra hour that then becomes a regular pattern – always without compensation – or the “press of business” that means you can’t take your lunch break, neglecting to compensate employees for time worked is illegal.
West Los Angeles wage and hour violations often affect a whole class of employees, not just one worker. Immigrant workers are most susceptible but many hourly workers are not well informed about how California and federal employment laws cover them.
If you are an hourly employee, you ARE protected from illegal and unreasonable employer demands that you work overtime or skip breaks. However, you may need legal help to ensure your rights are protected and to assist you in getting the wages you deserve.
The most significant concerns regarding wage and hour claims is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to avoid wage and hour laws. Salaried employees whose responsibilities are typically routine may have been misclassified. Find out more about misclassification to find out if this has happened to you.