Call the law offices of Van Etten Suzumoto & Sipprelle LLP, to speak directly with a Woodland Hills wage and hour claims legal professional. Your preliminary consultation is free and in most instances we will handle your claim on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay no attorney fees until we achieve a successful verdict or settlement for you.
Our Woodland Hills wage & hour claim attorneys are skilled and tenacious advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Woodland Hills disputes.
- Are you a salesperson who was denied your full compensation or terminated in order to avoid paying your commission?
- Are you a worker who travels between project sites who has not been compensated for travel time during your employment?
- Are you a worker who is often denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work past your shift?
We can help. Our Woodland Hills wage & hour claim lawyers are knowledgeable and aggressive advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime in Woodland Hills disputes.
- Has your employer wrongly withheld commissions that should have been yours, per your employment agreement?
- Were you forced to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you wrongfully fired in order for your employer to avoid paying you a commission?
- Were you informed you had to work overtime but not compensated for it?
- Were you instructed to report for work at a certain time but then not compensated for time you had to wait to begin work?
There are many ways that businesses can cheat employees out of their rightful wages, often without the employee even knowing they are being cheated. Whether it’s the occasional request to stay an additional hour that soon becomes a regular pattern – always without pay – or the “press of business” that means you can’t have your lunch break, neglecting to pay workers for time worked is against the law.
Woodland Hills wage and hour violations usually affect an entire class of workers, not just one employee. Immigrant workers are most susceptible but most hourly workers are not kept informed about how California and federal employment laws cover them.
If you are an hourly employee, you ARE protected against illegal and irrational employer demands that you work overtime or skip breaks. However, you may need legal help to ensure your rights are defended and to assist you in getting the wages you are entitled.
The most significant concerns regarding wage and hour claims is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to bypass wage and hour laws. Salaried workers whose responsibilities are generally routine may have been misclassified. Learn more about misclassification to find out if this has happened to you.